Listen up PES Fanners… this is a biggie! KONAMI have officially announced PES 2017, and revealed that they it will premiere alongside the PES League World Finals in Milan, Italy this coming weekend.
In a press release issued today, KONAMI have stated that the game will be released in ‘Fall / Autumn 2016’ on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC platforms. The Press release also talks about the the focus of the game as well as some of it’s key features.
This year’s iteration has been built around the tagline ‘Control Reality’, focusing on making the game fun in playing against another player by taking gameplay to new levels in both control and visuals.
This year’s iteration has been built around the tagline ‘Control Reality’, focusing on making the game fun in playing against another player
It will once again be powered by KONAMI’s FOX engine, which has been further harnessed to allow the implementation of several key gameplay advances to support the ‘Control Reality’ ethos. These include:
- Real Touch – See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball.
- Precise Pass – Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.
- Authentic Visuals – For PES 2017 the visuals have seen a major upgrade, offering Authentic Visuals thanks to the further incorporation of Fox Engine. Nothing has been left untouched, from the player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.
- Natural Player Movement – Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players and goalkeepers to life – but it doesn’t stop there. New features such as Real Touch and Precise Pass see huge benefit, giving a vast array of movements when trapping and passing the ball.
- Goal Keeping – Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when the goal is scored.
- Total Team Control – Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport.
- Advanced Instructions – Strategies that are quite individually defined such as Tiki-taka and heavy man-mark which is strongly based on team ideology can be set in “Advanced Instructions”, which adds a huge variety in how you plan to win.
- Corner Kick Control – Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or man-marking. Offensive options are also included such as specific player movement.
- Adaptive AI – For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play! Player and team behavior has always been a staple of the PES series and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.
Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations
Of these new features, the Official Press release highlights that the Real Touch feature will be particularly central to the game. This promises to authentically reproduce the number of ways a player can receive and control a pass using complex ball physics. This includes recreating the varying techniques different players use in taking the ball into possession.
It goes on to state that Real Touch will be complemented by the Precise Pass system. This will see a number of factors determining the accuracy of a pass including the ability of the passing player, the movement of the ball and the position of the intended recipient and promises to give players a real buzz every time an inch perfect pass is completed.
It’s safe to say that all this has got us rather excited here at PES Fan HQ with the aforementioned Real Touch and Precise Pass elements coupled with the Goal Keeping improvements being particularly exciting.
An early version of the game will be showcased to a select number of press alongside the PES World Finals in Milan which take place on May 27 – May 28.
The PES World Finals will see the best PES 2016 players in the world (including Dex Kord of the UK) compete for a total prize pot of 23,000 Euro as well as the chance to play PES 2016 pitchside before the UEFA Champions League Final.
this has got us rather excited here at PES Fan HQ with the aforementioned Real Touch and Precise Pass elements coupled with the Goal Keeping improvements being particularly exciting.
Speaking about debuting PES 2017 at the alongside both the UEFA Champions League Final, Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. President Tomotada Tashiro said “Exclusive to Pro Evolution Soccer, it is fitting that we use the UEFA Champions League Final, the world’s greatest club competition, and the culmination of another hugely successful PES League season to reveal PES 2017” before adding that “the first showing of PES 2017 will elevate the series to a whole new level.”
KONAMI have promised that they’ll be revealing more about PES 2017 at E3 which takes place from June 14. In the meantime, we’ll bring you all the news and reviews from Milan – as well as any further information that emerges, both on the site and our Twitter and Facebook channels… so make sure you’re liking and following, and don’t forget to let us know your views on today’s news!
PES 2017 will be released in Autumn / Fall 2016 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. More details about the game will be revealed at E3 from June 14th.