You may be reading this policy in English or any one of the languages that we translate the KONAMI Sites into, however, with respect to personal data, we are subject to the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
The Data Controller for the purpose of the Act is KONAMI Digital Entertainment B.V. of 14-16 Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1BG.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is information that identifies you as an individual, either on its own or in conjunction with other information held by us. The definition is very wide and your gamertag may fall within it. Your IP address can also identify you and will fall within the definition.
Collection of your Personal Data.
KONAMI may collect personal information from visitors to KONAMI Sites in order to deliver our goods services to you and to develop, customise and enhance our goods and services or we may receive it (with your permission) from third parties such as social network operators.
Use of your Personal Information.
In order to facilitate our services we use your personal information for the following purposes:
– registration for online accounts;
– creation of a personal profile;
– player match up and other head-to-head online competitions;
– registration for games and/or special game-specific events, including online prize promotions;
– customer support and/or technical service requests;
– newsletter subscriptions;
– access to our products and/or services on social networks or other third party services;
– otherwise through use of our software, mobile or online services where personal information is required for use and/or participation;
– administration of prize promotions including the fulfilment of prizes;
– processing orders for goods, services and subscriptions.
In order to develop, customise and enhance our goods and services, we may also use your personal information:
– where you have opted to receive them, to send you marketing and promotional messages by text, email or other means;
– in research and analysis (including product development); and
– for referral services, marketing surveys and email campaigns;
– to create custom audience groups on social media (to ensure that we reach those who are interested in our goods and services).
If you use our mobile applications, we may collect your GPS location or your device’s unique identifier. We might also collect the type of device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running. We might look at, for example, how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
Collection of Data from Children:
Any person with may register on the KONAMI Sites. We do not seek to collect any personal information from Children under the age of 13 although, where our games have a PEGI rating lower than that age, we allow them to participate in activities available via the KONAMI Sites and we do not block our site with an age-gate. We do not, however, allow children to participate in activities that require submission of personal information such as message boards or prize competitions. We encourage parents to discuss the reason why we have these rules with their child and to put in place sufficient safeguards on their home networks to prevent their child from circumventing these rules.
Managing your Personal Data
When you register with a KONAMI Site or download our apps, we may ask for your consent in order to collect, process or use your personal information for specified purposes. If you wish to withdraw any consent you have provided to us for such use of your personal information, you can deactivate your account online or amend your personal data preferences . You are entitled at any time to ask to review the personal data stored about you without charge. If you wish to do so contact us
You can opt out of certain communications: to stop receiving marketing communications, newsletters and surveys you can change your preferences within your account or follow the instructions in any messages you get. Your device settings should provide you with instructions on how to turn off push notifications.
– If you decide when choosing the country and language that you want to save your selection for your next visit to the KONAMI web site, a cookie containing only this information is stored on your computer. The next time you visit this site, the cookie automatically notifies us of your choice without the selection window being displayed again. The cookie expires after one year.
– If you participate in a game rating or survey, a cookie is stored on your device with the information on which game rating you responded to. This helps prevent multiple responses from distorting the survey results. The cookie expires after one month.
– After logging in to the support area a cookie containing your chosen user name is stored on your computer for the duration of your current connection between your computer and the KONAMI server, so that you do not have to re-enter your user name if you log in again. The session cookie is deleted when you end your Internet connection with the KONAMI server.
– Where you have permitted use to send emails to you, we may collect information on how you respond to such emails, for example the number of times the email is opened or the links in them that are clicked.
– Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics’ cookies help Google to analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Last amended March 2015